Sunday, June 12, 2011

Matthews Farmer's Market

I love the farmer's market. No matter what city I'm in, the farmer's market is always a source of:
1. Sunlight
2. Smiling people
3. Kids
4. Fresh produce
5. Local produce
6. Organic produce
7. DELICIOUS AND PHOTOGENIC FRUITS AND VEGGIES!

So, being back in my hometown of Charlotte for a couple days (and with my mother's money), I headed over to the Matthew's Farmer's Market Saturday morning.

And was greeted by:



PEACHES!

I took a turn around the small market, gazing at edible flowers, baked goods, local meat, and fresh produce. But I was shopping on someone else's dime; I had to keep myself in check. So I ended the trip with:

1 bag of peaches
1 yellow squash
1 round "eight ball" zucchini
1 bag of arugula
2 tomatoes
3 small sweet banana peppers - given to me for free (!) by the smiling farmer and his wife after I took photos of his vegetables (pictured below)



And with that, I headed home to mull over what I was going to cook for my parents when they came home from their trip. Something that would taste like the farmer's market.

No comments:

Post a Comment